Friday, March 19, 2010

Back Road Ride

I just completed a 1 hour and 50 minute back road ride with my good friend Richard. I am in Barry Roubaix training mode and am looking forward to the B-R on March 27. The bike of choice for this race will be my Specialized Tri-cross single speed and it's "fixed". So no coasting for me, just pedaling my little heart out until I cross the finish line.
I have enjoyed the "fixie scene" so far, I've racked up a fair number of miles this past winter being "fixed". It has been an easy transition from the my usual single speed riding and I have been fortunate enough not to have the dreaded Superman-over-the-handlebars-
because-I-forgot-I-couldn't-coast crash.
But back to today's ride, it went well, we did one of my favorite routes that includes the Rattalee Lake road climb, it's long and has a nice steeper pitch at the top just to remind you that you are human. A lot of the roads were freshly graded, so the skinny tires were dancing a little more than normal. According to the Garmin, my top "fixed" speed was 25.9 mph, which is some serious spinning with a 39x17 gear!
Tomorrow at 10:00am at the Cycletherapy Bicycle shop will be the 24 Hours of Spinning for the Waterford Youth Coalition. Our team and others will be spinning from 10:00am Saturday to 10:00am Sunday. Lot's of stuff to do, trainer drive-in theatre, seminars for everything concerning bikes and racing, a fashion show at midnight and some good ol fashion spinning! Everyone is welcome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment